Have you been to Kroger to try the Private Selection brand yet? I have and I am all about saving money while still having flavor. I love their Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, even though I should not be eating Ice Cream. I am not a fan of hambuger but I thought I would share this recipe with you anyways. You can find other recipes from Kroger here.
Private Selection Moroccan Burger with Mint-Pepper Glaze
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- Mint – Pepper Glaze1/2 cup apricot fruit spread
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp Private Selection Organic Fresh Mint, chopped
Zest of 1 lemon + 2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Private Selection ground coriander
1 tsp Private Selection ground cumin
1 tsp Private Selection fancy paprika
1 tsp Private Selection California garlic powder
1/2 tsp Private Selection ground red pepper
1 tsp Private Selection sea salt
1/2 tsp Private Selection freshly ground black pepper
11/2 lb Private Selection Angus ground beef *
6 grilled or toasted Private Selection jumbo whole wheat sandwich buns
6 Slices Private Selection Havarti cheese
*For a more authentic taste, use 1 lb. of Private Selection ground lamb and 1/2 pound of Private Selection ground beef.
- For mint-pepper glaze:
1. Combine all ingredients in small bowl. Cover and chill.
- For burger:
1. Combine first 7 ingredients in small bowl; mix thoroughly. In a large bowl combine ground beef and seasoning blend . Mix gently with fingertips or fork just until incorporated. Form into 6 (4 inch-wide) patties.
- 2. Place burgers on platter. Burgers can be made up to 6 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
- 3. Preheat grill (medium-high heat). Lightly coat with cooking spray. Grill burgers to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Grill buns, cut side down, just until lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
- 4. To assemble the burgers, spread the mint-pepper glaze on the cut sides of the buns. On each roll bottom, place a cooked burger and Havarti cheese. Add the roll tops and enjoy. Refrigerate any leftovers.
I am a BzzAgent and as a BzzAgent I received a bag of Private Selection Cracked Pepper and Sea Salt potato chips and coupons for Private Selection products for myself and coupons to share with others. These are my opinions are my own honest opinions and I was in no way paid for my opinion.