Monday, December 7, 2009

Littlest Pet Shop (for DS) ~ Review

As those of you who follow me know, that I provide in-home daycare for kiddos of all ages. In doing that I am not a provider who lets the kiddos just sit around and play video games all day. First I they are only allowed to play if they are older than 6 and I set the timer for a half hour per kiddo, and it can not be violent games whatsoever.

My daycare kiddos love when the UPS or Fed-Ex truck pulls in the drive way and let me tell you, they never miss it because our dogs bark like mad. Our Shadow, who weighs in at 150 pounds, can hear him coming down the road and can't wait for him to get here so he can meet him at his truck for his treat. Okay, so anyway the kiddos never miss a package arrival and they are always watching to see what it is. When I opened the package containing the DS games Littlest Pet Shop Beach Friends, they were so excited that they were jumping up and down and these are the little kiddos, not the big kiddos. Well of course the little kiddos could not wait to tell the bigger kiddos when they got home from school.


This past weekend when my darling 20 year old daughter finally found the cord to her DS, I got out the Littlest Pet Shop Beach Friends and let a few of the bigger kiddos go at it. Guess, what they loved it!! Of course they were upset when they couldn't sit and play it all day long. After them begging and begging me, I thought I would be nice since it was the weekend I would let them play it longer. Now, they love me!! Thanks EA Sports and Rocketxl for sending me the DS game to review.



I have to confess, I blackmailed the kiddos. I told them they could play it but then they had to write what the liked or didn't like about the game, so here are some things that the kiddos wrote about the game:

"LS", who is 9 said: "I like that they would let me bake a cake. Also, I got to play on "BW"'s file. I liked the kibble game."

"BW", who is 7 said: "I liked the game because we got to make a cake. The arcade was so fun because the ring toss. I liked the kibble cone. I liked to play with the bird.

"JS", who is 11 said: "I think that game was very fun to play. It was great. I liked the duck game. The duck game was awesome to play."

Me being a big kid at heart just had to get it out and play it, after those kiddos went home of course. Here is what I thought: I agree that the kibble game is fun to play and it makes them use their brains. Unfortunately I could not find where I could bake a cake:( I am going to have to have them show me. It's amazing how kids can figure out some things that us silly adults can't do. lol Overall, I would have to rate this game awesome also!

Now, a little information from EA about the game:

Grab your friends, grab your pets—it’s time to party! The second edition of the LITTLEST PET SHOP video game brings the party to you with a new cast of quirky pets and their best friends. Play tons of new mini-games and explore new towns with your favorite pets. With enhanced multiplayer features, you can even double your fun by playing with your best friend! Venture on quests, deliver invitations, serve up ice cream, and style your pets as you get ready for the biggest LITTLEST PET SHOP party of the year. And be prepared for a few surprises along the way, like an all-new mystery pet that just might show up at your party!
  • It’s All about the PETS! - Collect all-new pets packed full of personality! Meet the Great Dane, the Peacock, the Collie, the Ladybug, and many more of your favorite pets.
  • Best Friends! - Now each pet has a best friend that helps them prepare for the party! Plus enhanced multiplayer features allow you and your real-life best friend to enjoy the fun together.
  • Mini-Games! - An all-new story guides you along your journey as you play mini-games and accomplish tasks to get closer to the celebration.
  • Style out Your Pets! - For the first time, you can design your own accessories and style out your pets in your own unique way.
  • Surprises! - What’s a party without surprises? An all-new mystery pet is coming to town… and you’ll just have to play to see what else pops up!

You can purchase Littlest Pet Shop Beach Friends online at:

EA Sports for $29.95
Amazon.com for $34.79
Wal-Mart Online for $29.96

This game is Rated:


siggy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You know we all love comments so please do leave me some comments!! Thanks!

 
b4baf0de5792b3a43fa9202e40632dd054525e1aeb1313185b