I was given the opportunity to review the NEW Lean Cuisine® Honestly Good™ entrées via BzzAgent, and I was excited. Eating healthy and smaller portions has been an important part of my life for just over a year now and I know that I have never been fond of any of those "diet" means. When this campaign came up, I jumped at the chance to review this "NEW" line of natural frozen meals.
I opted for their Pomegranate Chicken entrée. It is a whole grilled chicken breast filet, whole grain pilaf with currants, green beans, yellow beans, ribbon cut carrots, and a pomegranate glaze in a separate pouch.
Now, when it come to heating the entrée up in the microwave it was a little confusing.
Step 1. Remove protective wrap from the container then open film and remove the bag of sauce and then replace film over dinner.
Step 2. Heat on High for 4 minutes
Step 3. You can see over to the left here. It's a bit confusing if you ask me, or is it just me?
Step 4. Return film and cook for 2 minutes.
Now on to my thoughts about the entrée:
I loved the whole grain rice pilaf with currants the pomegranate sauce right off the get go. I also noticed that the chicken did not have that microwaved rubbery chicken texture or taste. It cut like chicken should and it had the taste and texture that chicken should. I would definitely eat the rice and chicken again. Now on to the carrots and grean and yellow beans.....humm. Well, I have to say it, the beans, they had that microwave rubbery bean texture. However, they did have a good flavor. I think the trick would be to take them out before you put the sauce on and cook for two more minutes.
Find all six delicious varieties of NEW Lean Cuisine® Honestly Good™ entrées in the Natural & Organic freezer aisle at your local Kroger family store:
- Pomegranate Chicken with whole grilled chicken breast filet, whole grain pilaf with currants, green beans, wax beans, ribbon cut carrots, served with a pomegranate glaze
- Lemongrass Salmon with coconut-crusted salmon filet, brown rice with wheatberries and slivered almonds, snap peas, orange & yellow carrots, edamame, served with ginger lemongrass sauce
- Roasted Red Pepper Chicken with whole grilled chicken breast filet, whole grain cavatappi pasta, sea salt & lemon-seasoned broccoli florets, served with roasted red pepper sauce
- Plum-Ginger Grain-Crusted Fish with grain-crusted wild caught whole fish filet, brown rice with edamame, snap peas, wax beans, carrots, served with plum ginger sauce
- Pineapple Black Pepper Beef with whole tender beef cuts, brown & wild rice with pineapple & silvered almonds, green & wax beans, orange & yellow carrots, served with pineapple black pepper sauce
- Honey Citrus Chicken with whole grilled chicken breast filet, whole grain radiator pasta mixed with spinach, slivered almonds and sun-dried tomatoes, broccoli florets, yellow zucchini, served with a honey citrus sauce
You can find these at the following stores.
You can check out Lean Cuisine at:
*Being a BzzAgent means that I receive products free or at a discount and in return I give my honest opinion about the product be it positive or negative. I then talk to others about the product and get their honest opinion and then report back to BzzAgent.
Disclosure: I received this product in return for an honest review and to help spread the word about the product and my honest opinion of the product. I received the product from BzzAgent. Image and information is from BzzAgent.