Friday, September 27, 2013

Book Review ~ The Edge of Never by J .A. Redmerski

 




Title: The Edge of Never


Publisher: Hachette Book Group

Publish Date: March 12, 2013


 








 Description


--The New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling blockbuster--

New Adult Romance

This new paperback edition includes exclusive bonus material - an all-new full chapter from Andrew's point of view during a crucial scene!

Sometimes life takes you off course . . .

THE EDGE OF NEVER


 Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett thought she knew exactly where her life was going. But after a wild night at the hottest club in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina, she shocks everyone-including herself-when she decides to leave the only life she's ever known and set out on her own. Grabbing her purse and her cell phone, Camryn boards a Greyhound bus ready to find herself. Instead, she finds Andrew Parrish.

Sexy and exciting, Andrew lives life like there is no tomorrow. He persuades Camryn to do things she never thought she would and shows her how to give in to her deepest, most forbidden desires. Soon he becomes the center of her daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But there is more to Andrew than Camryn realizes. Will his secret push them inseparably together-or destroy them forever?

My thoughts

This is another one of those books that is written from each character's view from chapter to chapter. I find that, that is okay until the chapters are repeating themselves.

Andrew and Camryn are both trying to run away from their own lives that they have made for themselves by hopping on that bus headed out west. It sometimes amazes me how some people just click and some people don't. And in this book, Andrew and Camryn, well they click. Andrew wants to make sure that Camryn is safe on her bus trip to Idaho so he keeps a close eye out for her, a lot closer than she thinks he is and even a lot closer than she is keeping out for herself.

Now, if you read my review, you know that I am not a spoiler like some so all I have to say, is get ready for an emotional rollercoaster in this book. There are highs and lows, there are excitements and disappointments as well as happy and tear jerking moments. I  will admit that I had a hard time putting this one down once I picked it up and got through the first chapter at two.

Like I mentioned before the book being written from two character's view and sometimes chapters repeating is why I didn't give it 5 stars, other than that I loved this book.  Something little like that may not bother you all and if so, you will definitely love this book.



You can find other books by J. A. Redmerski HERE.

You can buy this book for you Kindle on Amazon.com for $2.99


Images and excerpt are from NetGalley.
I was not paid for this review, I did however receive a copy of the book for my Kindle from NetGalley. The opinions of this book are mine and mine alone.
 
 siggy

5 comments:

  1. The chapters repeating would probably irritate the heck out of me! It takes a certain style to pull it off. Sounds like an interesting read otherwise, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do appreciate knowing the point of view of other characters but I don't think I could deal with a book which chapters repeat. It is one thing to have a few key chapters seen from someone else's POV but not half the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a book for a wintery afternoon-on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure I could handle the repetition, I get enough of that from my four kids! For $2.99, though, I think I may give it a try, the rest of it sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete

You know we all love comments so please do leave me some comments!! Thanks!

 
b4baf0de5792b3a43fa9202e40632dd054525e1aeb1313185b