Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers ~ #Recipe Tested & #Reviewed


I decided that for NFL Gameday on Sunday I would make some of these delicious looking Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers. They only had a few ingredients so I figured how difficult could it be right? And what could be better than cream cheese, jalapenos and bacon?
     photo 17_zpsea0ebda6.jpg
Ingredients
  • 1 pound jalapeno peppers
  • 8 ounces cream cheese
  • 1 cup shredded cheese Cheddar or Mexican blend
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon Chipotle powder
  • 1 to 2 pounds bacon



  • Cut the peppers (I used 20 peppers) in half and clean out the seeds. You can leave some seeds in it for a spicer popper. I used a spoon to get the seeds and white flesh out.
  • Mix all the ingredients in a food processor to combine smoothly then stuff into peppers.
  • Wrap one whole piece of bacon around each pepper, making sure to cover all the cheese so that it does not ooze out while baking.

  • Bake @ 375 degrees for (now here is the tricky part) 15 minutes is what the recipe said.
***Make sure you read the complete post before making***


   photo 16_zpsa6a1793b.jpg  photo 14_zps97d05f7f.jpg  photo 15_zps19a5b6ad.jpg  photo 13_zps13e4fbdb.jpg  photo 12_zps65e2354d.jpg  photo 11_zpsaa707a30.jpg

Here is what I think! They tasted great but were not spicy enough for me. You could either leave some of the seeds in it, Which next time I will chop some of them up and add to the cheese before stuffing the peppers. This is what they looked like after I baked them for the 15 minutes. Ugg, not near done!!

 photo 1_zps5b3ab68a.jpg 
So I baked them for another 10 minutes and all the cheese was just cooking out of them and the bacon still wasn't done. Ugg! So I drained the grease off the pan and threw them under the broiler and just kept turning them until they were done.

 photo 18_zps547fa9af.jpg  

  • Would I fix these again? Yes, I definitely would.
  • What would I do differently? I would chill the stuffed peppers before I wrapped them with the bacon that I warmed up in the microwave first. I would try anything to keep all the cheese from oozing out of the peppers while the bacon was cooking.

  •  Another idea: I thought I would also mix all the ingredients up, including chopping the peppers up and baking it in a dish and using it as a hot dip for chips. I would cook the bacon extra crispy and crumble it in the dip after I baked it so that it stayed a little crispy. I think that would be really yummy also.



 siggy

7 comments:

  1. Somehow between this not being good for my health issues (though great for my taste buds) I better not try this one--I think I saw them pre made in a store-much better option for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good. Thank you for the recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. not a big hot pepper fan but I like the dip idea I'd just use green and red peppers =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Yours look great! I just tried this last week and it didn't look this nice. Think I took them out too early but they were still good! I didn't add the shredded cheese though :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love jalapeno poppers! I haven't tried a recipe for them with bacon (which I also love) with them before. Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My boys would love to snack on these on Sunday Football days!

    ReplyDelete

You know we all love comments so please do leave me some comments!! Thanks!

 
b4baf0de5792b3a43fa9202e40632dd054525e1aeb1313185b