Saturday, September 29, 2012

With A $1 Each We Can Help Turn A Life Around

 I wanted to share this post, from a friend of mine, with everyone. If you all would hop over to her GoFundMe site, you can read more of her posts when you finish with this one, or you can visit her on her blog, The Fibro Frog. If we could help her out, even if it's just with $1 at a time and if you could all share her GoFundMe site or this post with your friends.

Trust me, this is not a scam or anything like that. Amy is a real person and is trying her hardest to get this thing going. I too have fibromyalgia and getting people educated is very important, trust me. So many people do not understand what we go through on a daily basis. Even to education the family members or care takers of those who suffer from chronic pain is very important. I have been diagnosed for approximately 3 to 4 years and I know that my family does not understand what pain I go through on a daily basis. I try to keep it to myself and not let them know and keep things normal but sometimes it's just not possible. Sometimes you just have to give up, stay home and do nothing because the pain wins over.


Updated posted by Amy Mullholand 6 days ago

If you'd look at me you'd...


If you'd look at me you'd think I looked fine. I'm not fine though, and neither is any one else that suffers from chronic pain and fatigue illnesses. Insomnia is the worst. Last "night" (today) I finally fell asleep close to 7am. Woke up this afternoon just as tired as when I went to sleep. I dropped my coffee scoop on the floor but was too stiff that I could not bend to pick it up. Head is killing me. Upper arm muscles are hurting. Knees are so bad lately that every time I go to stand up I have to use the arms of the chair and push myself up, then I holler out in pain. I "used" to be a photographer. This photo is one of mine. I still take photos but not like I used to. I can only take a few at a time because the weight of the camera hurts my neck, shoulders and arms too much. My back starts killing me standing there. I can't stoop or bend for certain shots. Photography was the ONE thing I absolutely loved in my life. We NEED to educate people about what it's really like to live with a chronic pain illness. We NEED to raise funds for research so that I cure may possible be found. That's not going to ever happen without change and change will never happen without education. If people don't really understand what we go through, and think we have a "trash can" diagnoses, then we'll never get the backing needed for research. I want a cure! Or at the very least, a concrete treatment plan that will help me. I want to take photos again. I want to jump in the car and spend an entire day taking photos like I used to! Please, help me to help all of us by presenting my chronic pain seminar. Education is key to anything in life, including this. 



siggy

1 comment:

  1. I would like to invite you to link up with us at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week if you’d like to attend.
    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/10/clever-chicks-blog-hop-5-happy-hen.html

    I hope to see you there!
    Cheers!
    Kathy
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete

You know we all love comments so please do leave me some comments!! Thanks!

 
b4baf0de5792b3a43fa9202e40632dd054525e1aeb1313185b