Monday, April 26, 2010

Kelly's Chance ~ Book Reveiw

Kellys Chance, Wanda E. Brunstetter (Paperback)

Title: Kelly's Chance
Subtitle: Brides of Lehigh Canal Book One
Publisher: Barbour Publishing, Inc
Publish Date: 1/1/2010
Author: Wanda E. Brunstetter

About the book:

Life for Kelly McGregor is a daily drudge of driving her overbearing father’s mules along Pennsylvania’s Lehigh Canal. She dreams of one day owning an art gallery where her own drawings and paintings are on display. But these dreams don’t include marriage. . .not after seeing what her father has done to her mother. How then can Mike Cooper, a general store owner, make her realize he is different than her father and wants to support her artistic talent? Will Kelly learn that dreams can walk hand in hand with a love created by God?

My review:

I will have to say this is one fantastic book. As a matter of a fact my Hubby was watching a movie on DVD and I read all but 3 chapters while he was doing that. It is 224 pages and once I started reading it I was amazed at how good it was. Well not really amazed because I love all of Wanda E. Brunstetter's work. She is just an amazing writer. I am on my way to reading all of her books. This however is the first book of hers that I have read that was not about the Amish. This is an fast and easy read and I highly recommend it to everyone, even the teenagers. I am sure that you will love it.

This book is about Kelly McGregor, the daughter of a man who works his daughter to her limits in the canals driving the mules. Kelly loves her family very much and would do nothing to upset neither her father nor mother. After seeing the way her father treats her mother and her sister running off and getting married, Kelly decides that she will never marry. Then she meets Mike the shop owner and things begin to change for her. Ooo, I better stop there before I tell you what happens.


You can buy this book at:
Amazon.com for $7.89
BooksChristian.com for $8.00
Barnes and Noble for $7.89

I would like to think Angie Brillhart, Barbour Publishing and NetGalley for the copy of this book.


Images and book information was collected from Wanda Brunstetter's website and NetGalley. I was not paid for this review, however I did receive a copy of this book to read and do the review on. My opinions are based on exactly that, my opinion.
siggy

1 comment:

You know we all love comments so please do leave me some comments!! Thanks!

 
b4baf0de5792b3a43fa9202e40632dd054525e1aeb1313185b