Saturday, October 26, 2013

Book Review ~ For Every Season: Book Three in the Amish Vines and Orchards Series by Cindy Woodsmall






Title: For Every Season: Book Three in the Amish Vines and Orchards Series
Publisher: WaterBrook Press
Publish Date: August 20, 2013


Book Description

Working hard to develop a new Amish community outside of Unity, Maine, Rhoda Byler is fully committed to rehabilitating an orchard with business partner Samuel King. But an impulsive decision has created an unexpected strain in her relationship with her beau, Samuel’s brother, Jacob, threatening plans for the orchard. Amidst mounting tension in matters of the heart and business, Rhoda finds that this fledging settlement feels like the home she has always longed for, and she begins to embrace the God-given, heightened intuition that has always felt like a burden to her. She longs for Jacob to fully be free of his past, so they can work towards the future together.

But as Rhoda uses her gift to unpack an old secret with her Englisch neighbors, it is not her beau but an unlikely ally that cheers her on. With the orchard on shaky ground and Jacob’s plans in question, Rhoda is determined to see things through to harvest. But can she trust her insight to direct her path in matters of the heart?



 

My Thoughts

This is another great book by Cindy Woodsmall. I must first say that I am a avid reader of novels about the Amish. There is just something that their lifestyle that intrigues me.

For Every Season is very well written and the story line is great. Rhoda, Samuel and Jacob do find themselves in some very uncomfortable situations and there are a few twists that I never seen coming, which to me makes a great book.

The Kings certainly have their hands full with Orchard Bend and it definitely takes everything that they all have to keep everything going to get ready for their first harvest in Maine. They have all worked so hard to get where they are and put in many hours of exhausting work in some close and not so close quarters.

Rhoda becomes good friends with Camilla and lets her guard down and shares her ability to see things and shares what she sees with Camilla. Now, that is all I am going to tell you so that I don't spoil anything for you. I don't like reviews that have spoilers in them.

I can tell you that I cannot wait till April 2014 for the fourth book in this series to come out so I can see what happens next.


You can read my other reviews for the books in this series HERE.

You can go HERE and scroll down to read Chapter One of this book.

You can find other books by Cindy Woodsmall here.


Please click the picture below to go to Blogging for Books to rate my review.



Description and images are from Amazon.com. I was not paid for this review, I did however receive a copy of the book from Blogging for Books. The opinions of this book are mine and mine alone.
 siggy

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fascinating! I don't think I've ever read anything by Cindy Woodsmall, but I do like reading books set in Amish communities.

    ReplyDelete

You know we all love comments so please do leave me some comments!! Thanks!

 
b4baf0de5792b3a43fa9202e40632dd054525e1aeb1313185b