Thursday, May 20, 2010

Audio Book Challenge: I Alex Cross & The Unnamed ~ Book Reviews

While I was over visiting At Home With Books, I came across a post where Alyce is joining this Audio Book Challenge, over at Royal Reviews and I thought why don't I do that. I love to listen to audio books when I go to bed, when I am waiting at the bus stop for the kids and when I am just driving around.

The 5th book I listened to was Alex Cross's Trial by James Patterson.


I, Alex Cross By James Patterson

About the book:

Alex Cross's niece is found brutally murdered. Overcome with grief, Alex vows to take down her killer before he strikes again. But shortly after he begins the investigation, Alex discovers that his niece had gotten mixed up with some very important, very dangerous people. And she's not the only one who has disappeared.

The hunt for the murderer leads Alex and his girlfriend, Detective Brianna Stone, to Washington's most infamous club--a place where every fantasy is possible, if you have the credentials to get in. The killer could be one of their patrons, one of Washington's elite who will do anything to keep their secrets buried.

With astonishing plot twists and electrifying revelations that will keep readers on the edge of their seat, I Am Alex Cross is James Patterson's most suspenseful Alex Cross novel yet.

Now what I think about the book:

Now, this book was set way way back when the blacks were still getting hanged. This book sent some chills down my spine but I loved it. There was always a lot of action. And not always action that I wanted to hear about but I have to admit that the action kept me listening. I did however wonder who Alex Cross was. I didn't find out until after I listened this book that there is a whole series of books by James Patterson with the character Alex Cross.

I do recommend this book even though some of the things disturbed me but it was a great book anyway.


Now, the 6th book I have listened to for my challenge was The Unnamed by Joshua Ferris

The Unnamed (Unabridged) By Joshua Ferris

About the book:

Joshua Ferris' debut novel Then We Came to the End was both heralded by critics and a New York Times best seller, and marked the arrival of a startlingly talented young writer. With The Unnamed, Ferris imagines the collision between one man's free will and the forces of nature that are bigger than any of us.

Tim Farnsworth walks. He walks out of meetings and out of bed. He walks in sweltering heat and numbing cold. He will walk without stopping until he falls asleep, wherever he is. This curious affliction has baffled medical experts around the globe - and comes perilously close to ruining what should be a happy life. Tim has a loving family, a successful law career and a beautiful suburban home, all of which he maintains spectacularly well until his feet start moving again.

What drives a man to stay in a marriage, in a job? What forces him away? Is love or conscience enough to overcome the darker, stronger urges of the natural world? The Unnamed is a deeply felt, luminous novel about modern life, ancient yearnings, and the power of human understanding.

What I thought about the book:

Oh, where shall I begin. This is definitely a book that you cannot miss any pieces. And with the way I sometimes have to listen to books little bits at a time, it is easy to miss what is going on. I enjoyed the book but when I was all finished, I just didn't get it.


Other books I have completed in this Audio Book Challenge:





siggy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You know we all love comments so please do leave me some comments!! Thanks!

 
b4baf0de5792b3a43fa9202e40632dd054525e1aeb1313185b