Monday, May 11, 2009

I have been up to...

Just wanted to update you on my last few days......
My Hubby left on Friday afternoon to go to Fairfax Virginia to pick up my nephew from George Mason University for the summer. He didn't get back until Sunday night, which left me and "R" here by ourselves for the weekend. I played lazy the whole weekend. I had Saturday and Sunday off and enjoyed doing pretty much nothing except on Saturday morning my Mom and I went to eat breakfast and then go visit the Grandparents for a bit. After that we stopped at Menards and I got the plants for my garden, providing I can ever get it planted. If the ground ever dries up and we can get it rototilled it will get planted. I am planting half-runner beans, soup beans, beefsteak tomatoes, cucumbers, green and red peppers, jalapeno peppers, radishes, onions and of course Candy corn. I am so excited, I love my garden.
After we got back from visiting and shopping for plants I laid around and watched TV until I ran and got me some Hunan for supper, Triple Delight, yummy!! Then I was off the bed to get to sleep in on Mother's Day.

After I got up my daughter fixed me a wonderful breakfast of bacon, sausage, hash browns, biscuits and eggs. And I will have to say she did an excellent job. Then later she went to Hunan and brought home an early supper of Grand Combination Chow Mein, yummy. After breakfast I just laid around again until Hubby got home and then I did a load of laundry, then relaxed again until my third shift kiddo showed up at 8:45pm, I entered a few giveaways after she went to bed then I hit the sack for some zzzz's.

Then Monday started...All the kiddos showed up as usual. They were all really good today, which is surprising because usually on Monday they are tired and cranky until nap time. Then nap time came so I went out and painted the ceiling on the porch. I don't recommend that to anyone. We got stuff for the ceiling that sorta resembles barn siding so that you won't be able to see the seams and all of those indents are a pain in the *ss to paint. I thought my poor arm was going to fall off. Thanks goodness that is finished, so I thought until Hubby came home and said "I think it needs another coat." All I could say was "Shit!! I have to do it all over again." Luckily I have to buy more paint so that gives me a break, yea!!

I grilled steaks for supper, which were really good and I also fixed Velvetta shells and cheese (Hubby's fav) and rice-a-roni and green beans. It was really a great supper. After supper I got on line to read my google reader to catch up on who I am following and that's when I learned that Momdot messed with my game plan.

I was doing such a good job keeping up with the 31 in 31 days and then she went and posted all the giveaways at once. Oh, so overwhelming. I am making the best out of and entering them one by one, trying to remember where I left off for tomorrow. Actually, I think it will work out better this way. I am trying my hardest to win me that $3800 playset. My daycare kiddos would love to have that to play on.

So my third shift kiddo is here and asleep so I am off to get some zzzz's.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a wonderful weekend
    and i wish i still had my childcare business
    it just dried up last year
    i remember how much work i would do during nap time. lol
    keep up all the good work and do a lazy day now and then too!


You know we all love comments so please do leave me some comments!! Thanks!