Sunday, March 11, 2012

Book Review ~ The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo







Title:  The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
Author:  Stieg Larsson
Publisher:  Vintage
Publish Date: Sept. 16, 2008








About the Book:

Disgraced crusading journalist Mikael Blomkvist has no idea of the levels of conspiracy he will uncover when is enlisted to investigate the unsolved disappearance nearly forty years ago of a Swedish industrialist’s niece. And when the pierced and tattooed computer savant Lisbeth Salander joins him, together they unearth layers and layers of secrets and scandals that permeate the highest levels of society, from politics to finance to the legal system itself--at the bottom of which lies unimaginable cruelty perpetrated on the weak. In the course of these three shocking, unputdownable thrillers, we encounter one of the most heroic of survivors, as she battles some of the most heartless villains ever imagined.

My Thoughts:

First I must say that this book was nothing like I thought it would be. lol I guess I should learn to read more than just the title. However, I must say that I loved this book and I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

There were a few parts to this book that were a bit disturbing to me but the book kept changing things up and didn't drag things out so it kept me going. I do have to mention that  when I was reading the first chapter I didn't know if I was going to be able to read it or not but after I started the second chapter it had me and and I hated putting it down.

I loved the role that Salander had, and I did learn some about how those darn hackers can get into your computers. And that Blomkvist, he was a very determined man that sometimes go the raw end of the deal. I wish that I had the ability that Salander had.

Next for me, is to watch the movie!



Images and excerpt are from Amazon.com
I was not paid for this review. The opinions of this book are mine and mine alone.
 siggy

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the review! My one daughter read this also and liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the book quite a while ago but missed the movie when it was in theaters. I can't wait to rent it!

    ReplyDelete

You know we all love comments so please do leave me some comments!! Thanks!

 
b4baf0de5792b3a43fa9202e40632dd054525e1aeb1313185b